Things to Consider for Retirement Overseas
It would be wise to first check out the great places where you would like to retire. There are so many places to live in Philippines a good life. Of course you may think about some other countries as well that offer different opportunities depending on what you are looking for.
You would have to consider that you have lived in a place for almost your whole life so of course the place you would want to move to is a bit similar to what you have been accustomed to.
You would have things to consider for retirement overseas that you cannot live without and what are the things that you would always need in order to survive.
Consider the following key points:
- Is the climate okay? – If you are looking for a tropical country then you cannot settle for anything less than that.
- Would you like a spot with regular sunny days? – If this is the case then you would be unhappy in a place where it’s always raining.
- Do you like it when the seasons change? – If having multiple seasons will be bad for your health then reconsider.
- Can you stand the heat? – If not then choose cold places.
About the technology of the place:
- Would you need places with adequate connection to the Internet?
- Will you get frustrated if you cannot send an e-mail immediately?
- Would you enjoy living somewehere even if the roads going there are not cemented yet?
- Will you be able to adjust to the difference in the channel line-up?
- Can you survive without special channels?
- Will you be okay with the possibility of having rotating brownouts?
Regarding the Possibility of Going Back Home
- Will you be leaving your family behind?
- Do you want to constantly go back and forth between your new home and your previous one?
- Do you want your house to be near the airport?
Speaking the Language
- Are you comfortable to learn a new language at your age?
- Are you willing to learn if somebody would teach you?
- Do you know the local dialect of the people living in the place?
Hangouts and How You Can Spend Your Free Time
- Do you like going to nightclubs and bars?
- Would you be okay with living near a library?
- Do you want your home to be near the town or city?
On Taxes and How You Will Pay Them
- Will you be open to the idea of paying your taxes personally and not through your credit card?
- Will you be earning money to pay for your corresponding taxes?
Regarding Safety and Culture
- Would you be comfortable living near a government infrastructure that might be prone to meetings and rallies of sorts?
- Do you know how to speak their language so that you know how to ask for help if ever?
- Do you travel regularly to different places?
How to find the best Places for Retirement Overseas
After all these questions you can only answer with yes or no. It is simple. If you think that from the questions listed above you already have a place in mind then answer the questions again with that country as your basis. If you are happy with the results that you have gotten then you can learn more about the place you are interested in. And for sure with that strategy you will find your best place to retire in Philippines as well.